• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Announcing the winners of the January 2007 photo competition - 'Anything Goes' (1 Viewer)

IanF

Congratulations this month goes to mw_aurora with the winning entry Fighting Paridae which attracted 36/131 votes cast :t:

Second and third places were tied once again with 13 votes a piece -

gatafrancesca with Pink and Blue Little Jewel

and

postcardcv with looking back.....

Congratulations to each of you and thank you to everyone who took the time to enter, view the entries and cast your vote.

The entries will remain in place a few days before being moved to their respective forums.

Details of the February competition will follow shortly.

Congrats everyone who entered, especially Peter and Francesca - great images. Thanks to everyone for commenting and voting!

Congratulations to the winning entries. I’m very sorry but I actually missed the vote. Good thing is, my vote wouldn’t have made any difference this time, since the winner was kinda obvious from the start. I won't slip up next month.

Well done the winner! - and also well done to the 2 runners up, one of you got my vote! All superb photos.

Nerine

B :) Congratulations to everybody and especially to the winner: excellent action shot well planned Mark ... my best wishes go to "little jewel" Francesca, first competition = excellent marks.
PS nothing to say about Pete's shot: his pictures have a rock-solid quality as usual ;)

Max

Thank you everyone! I must admit this was quite a surprise for me :eek!:. Last month I joined the competition with an illustration that I used to make a postcard and got 0 votes!! Maybe I should just stick to photography! ;).
On the other hand it's an honour to be in such great company: Mark your photo is just wonderful and you totally deserved to win...we all knew you would! And Pete, your photos are always so great, I have many of them in my favourites. I am a big fan of both of you, so I am not sure I deserved to be among the winners beeing a total beginner. There were many other very good entries that deserved more in my opinion, but Mark shot was so stunning that it was difficult for everyone else to get a chance.
I would specially like to thank everyone who took the time to vote in this month competition, I really enjoyed being a part of it and especially all the comments that I received, thanks for beeing so kind!
I can't wait to see next month's entries, it's one of my favourite themes ;).
Cheers everyone

Congrats Mark - I think we all knew that was a winner when we first saw it, it's a truely outstanding photo. Also congrats to Francesca, it's a great shot and well deserving of all the votes it got.

Congrats Mark for being the winner this month-you won hands down-loved your entry B :) .Hi Postcardcv you should have entered the white chicken and Singh-you would have won with fingers up you hear :D ;) -but still congrats for being a runner up, Francesca you too -congrats for a beautiful entry-regards to all of you.But the sad part was that i couldnt vote-nor could i upload a entry because up till yesterday my internet has been given me hell-unpredicitable-sorry guys and girls next month i will be behind you'll in full force :D ;) Regards. B :)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back