• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Announcing the February 2007 theme challenge - 'Humorous Bird Photo' (1 Viewer)

IanF

For February 2007 the theme is 'Humorous Bird Photo'

The entry must contain a wild bird or group of birds showing humour. It's appreciated that contriving humour with wild birds isn't the easiest thing to do, so the addition of a humorous caption may help things along - no text balloons in the photo though .

The rules must be adhered to in order to avoid disqualification - the Moderators decision is final.

Rules –

1. Entry to have been taken in the last twelve months i.e. since 1st February 2006.
2. Date taken to be included in the entry - must at least include month and year.
3. Entry to be uploaded
now and 19th February 2007 midnight (GMT).
4. Your entry must contain a photo of a bird or birds.
5. The bird(s) must be wild and can be of any species.
6. Location taken to be included and must include at least the county/state and country.
7. One entry per member.
8. Only minor image adjustment is permitted, such as cropping, sharpening, contrast, and levels. The photo must not be otherwise greatly manipulated i.e. objects should not be added/removed in order to enhance the shot - no composite images.
9. Once uploaded a photo is classed as an entry and cannot be replaced by another shot. However, you have until the closing date / time of this competition to ensure that your photo meets criteria.
10. The entry must be your own work and not previously submitted in a competition on this site.
11. The bird's common name must be given - though please add the scientific too!
12. Entries to be uploaded directly by entrants to the Monthly Photo Competitions Gallery.

A voting booth will be posted after the 19th.

Please note 30 entries will be selected for addition to the voting booth for members to vote upon.

The entries not selected for inclusion in the voting booth will be moved to their respective Members Gallery forum.

Comments on entries are permitted.

For 2007 competition themes see here

Challenging theme indeed! I guess uploading a pic of a Laughing Gull or Dove isn't supposed to be enough ;)
Good luck everybody
Max

I'll be watching, but most certainly not contributing! Unless you want to laugh at the worst photo! ;)

I uploaded a photo into the competition but it has disappeared from the gallery. It is in My Gallery though and I had uploaded it there prior to entering it in the competition, can I still enter this photo even though I have already uploaded it into My Gallery?

I'm not sure what went wrong there. I received notification of the entry into the competition forum - but it's no longer there. I suspect it may have been a double upload and one of the moderators removed the wrong copy.

I've moved it back into the competition for you :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back