• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What do you think your first species of 2012 will be? (1 Viewer)

Going for some early raisers ,White-throated Sparrows being seen downtown.
But I think the first bird I see will be a House Sparrow.8-P

Probably the same as last year: Canada Geese flying high overhead well before dawn. But since I'll still be in bed at such an early hour, I'll only hear them, not see them.

Last edited:
Probably either a crow or a black-headed gull flying over the A!; by the time it's starting to get light enough to record birds I intend to be on the road, heading for that Lesser Scaup in Newcastle (again)!

Probably a European Starling at Chillicothe, Missouri, where I will be getting ready to do a Christmas Bird Count there on January 1, 2012.

Working 6am until midday tomorrow (should be 12.30 but what the heck - birding is more important ;) )

As it'll be dark as I walk to work tomorrow I reckon my first bird of 2012 will be either a blackbird, jackdaw or robin. I'll go for........blackbird :king:

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back