• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss dialyt 8x30 (1 Viewer)

galwayguy

I am a newbie here :) I am trying to get an idea of the sale price for my binoculars so I thought that I would ask the experts.

Zeiss Dialyt 8x30 BGA TP*
Rubber armoured

I bought them new from a Zeiss dealer in the UK in 1993 & I have the original receipt.
They are perfect except for a tiny bit of removed paint - from a stone wall. They were routinely serviced afterwards. They rarely get used & would be better off with someone who would use them frequently. Any ideas as to the appropriate sale price?

I am a newbie here :) I am trying to get an idea of the sale price for my binoculars so I thought that I would ask the experts.

Zeiss Dialyt 8x30 BGA TP*
Rubber armoured

I bought them new from a Zeiss dealer in the UK in 1993 & I have the original receipt.
They are perfect except for a tiny bit of removed paint - from a stone wall. They were routinely serviced afterwards. They rarely get used & would be better off with someone who would use them frequently. Any ideas as to the appropriate sale price?

Minty P versions go for between $700 - $800, from what I see on auction sites recently. Collectors pay more for mint / near mint versions than someone looking for a field binocular, so I would target that market.

I purchased a well used pair of West German 8x30 Dialyts T*P's off ebay for 375.00. I've seen near mint samples sell for 550-700. Their original box, manuals, lens cover, and leather case would add value.

800.00 would be the far end of the spectrum for the right buyer, namely a collector like James pointed out.

See link for picture of my used 8x30 Dialyt

https://www.flickr.com/photos/17198853@N04/12468481673/

Last edited:
I purchased a well used pair of West German 8x30 Dialyts T*P's off ebay for 375.00. I've seen near mint samples sell for 550-700. Their original box, manuals, lens cover, and leather case would add value.

800.00 would be the far end of the spectrum for the right buyer, namely a collector like James pointed out.

See link for picture of my used 8x30 Dialyt

https://www.flickr.com/photos/17198853@N04/12468481673/

Love your 10x40 CLassics, they look absolutely mint! Nice photostream as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back