• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fade Unsharp Mask (1 Viewer)

KC Foggin

Very, very long time member
Supporter
United States
Just what does this edit feature do in Photoshop?

I did a search within Photoshop help and nothing came up.

My understanding is that you can do a "Fade" after all sorts of operations which represents a degree of "undo". I guess it's the equivalent of having the new version (after the operation you've just done) on a new layer on top of the old and the slider changes transparency.
You can also change the "blend" mode from the drop down list. If you do a hefty unsharp mask which causes an increase in luminance and colour noise, it is sometimes recommended to go to "Fade" the unsharp mask and select "Luminosity" from the drop down list so that the colour shifts that occurred from the sharpen are effectively discarded.

Thanks very much for that Norm. Now just for argument sake. You are given the option in percentage on how much Fade Unsharp you wish to do. Obviously a 100% Undo would not "undo" the unsharp mask completely or would it?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back