• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding without thinking (1 Viewer)

Andrew Gibson

Busy week end at Spurn, Yorkshire with plenty to look at but why are more and more birders lacking field craft and concideration.

A family member of a grave in Kilnsea church has been to complained to me regarding trampled graves and what he can be done about it.

Watchers and picture takers had birds pushed into an heligoland and when asked what they where looking at they where pleased to list the species even though they could clearly be seen bouncing off the wire.

Parking and standing in a single track road, well thats another post.

As some one who enjoys birding, respects their environment and works on the site, what would you say to these people.

Maybe some kind of naming and shaming might be an answer. I have witnessed birders who care more for ticking a bird than for the life of the bird it's self. Some people will go to any length to get "their tick" often totally disregarding private land, the countryside and the chance for others to see the bird. If I see anyone acting out of hand I usually try to report it to someone in the hope that they are taught a lesson in some way. I think it's up to birders who have respect to make their lives as difficult as possible.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back