• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello, from north Texas (1 Viewer)

Bill Sumrall

20 miles from the Red River. Enjoy main hobby photographing birds in the yard. Have a 'security camera' set up to watch my feeder area to see what is there.

Wife & I are in mid-60's, retired and loving it! I spent 12 years as a Naval Aviator (fixed-wing 8 years, helicopters 4 years) before going with Braniff Airways in '67. In '89 Braniff folded (for the 2nd time) and I officially retired having had all the fun one is entitled in one lifetime.

Have two boys, younger is Captain on AA and older boy lives 60 miles away in Oklahoma with wife and two children. We play the role of grandpa and grandma quite often!

Hi Bill,

Welcome to BirdForum, sounds like you've had a great life!!

Hope you'll enjoy joining in with us all here, it's friendly and fun (especially in chat!) and you'll be assured a warm welcome by all!!

It was discussed only last night, about how successful things have been - in such a short time - with BirdForum, looking forward to seeing your postings in the near future. :t:

JennyWren :cat:

Hi Bill, WELCOME to Birdforum, glad to have you aboard. Makes a change from DWSL doesn't it ;)
I find the forums give a different slant from Dave's site, thopugh I still like to spend time on both too.
I hope that you find time to post a few of your photos in the galleries too !
Nice to have you along :bounce:

Welcome

Welcome from another Texas grandparent! I think that's a great idea about your security camera.

My grandson got a refurbished digital camera yesterday and made me feel good when he said, "I want to learn to take photos that look like yours. I came down today to learn how from you." Little do they know what a compliment that is.

Look forward to seeing some of your "backyard photos" and hearing what you are seeing.

Welcome glendak2!

I like your idea of using security cameras in the backyard. I was thinking of setting up a digital camcorder, but I've seen ads for 3 camera deals. That would give a pretty good panarama of activity in my apricot tree. The only downside is there is not sound. But a great idea, nevertheless!

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back