• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Firefox (1 Viewer)

Hi John

I think it's quite possible it's the store that hasn't caught up with the new FF update. It might be an idea to report it to them and may be try and get a time-scale for when it will become compatible.

It happens on occasion with the e-card company I use. They make sure it works for FF, Chrome and IE, but not PM and all the others. After a while it does catch up with PM, but while waiting I use it on FF.

...... and you really wouldn't screw anything by downloading another browser. Honest, if I can do it I'm jolly sure you could LOL

Thanks Delia, as ever you're very kind. I've found in the past that when Fx doesn't work, the store can't explain why, only suggest IE. And vice-versa! But I'll give them a call in the next few days and see if they can investigate and give proper informed advice. Off to my bed soon, so sweet dreams.

I use Chrome and I like it a lot but either Facebook doesn't like Chrome or Chrome doesn't like Facebook.

Hi John

I think it's quite possible it's the store that hasn't caught up with the new FF update. It might be an idea to report it to them and may be try and get a time-scale for when it will become compatible.
Hi Delia

Just to tidy up a loose end, yesterday I tried the store in Firefox 57, got in with no trouble this time, and placed an order. So it seems you were right and the store has now caught up with new version.

If necessary I'd install another browser, but I like to keep things simple where possible these days. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"!

Firefox 57 seems pretty good now, and much faster than previous versions. The only thing I still can't do is save web pages to view offline, but that's not such a big deal.

That's great news for you John. Well done and thanks for the update.

I always try to have either FF, IE or Chrome as a back-up on my laptop; just so that I can try one of them if a web site doesn't work properly for some reason. I find if you phone the company they want you to test in IE, so it saves a phone call and time if I do that first! AND you know it's not Firefox's fault (or whichever) but the company being a tad tardy LOL

Hi Niels,

It i# fairly easy to change settings to show two lines

In the previous version, I had three lines, and much bigger icons. I had used this mode to organize my most-visited sites ... not only does that no longer work, but the old organization scheme became mostly inaccessible with the update.

Probably I shouldn't have invested so much work in a semi-controllable feature, but I couldn't resist because I liked the graphical presentation so well. Still, losing control completely was an unpleasant surprise ...

Regards,

Henning

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back