• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Firefox (1 Viewer)

emc

I started using Firefox several years ago because it was much faster than Internet Explorer but as I updated to newer versions it seemed to be running slower. Has anyone else experienced this?

nope firefox rules, change you firefox settings back to default and start again

I started using Firefox several years ago because it was much faster than Internet Explorer but as I updated to newer versions it seemed to be running slower. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, it's frustratingly slow these days and doesn't respond as it should. We can't seem to find out what's wrong. Will try Steves suggestion.

3.5.2 crashes much less often than previous versions, for me, and runs at good speed once started up (which can take a while, haven't worked out why yet).

I've been a Firefox user for some years now, this version (3.5.2.) has crashed a couple of times but it seems to be caused by one website I use, it's a local weather site that refreshes every two minutes.

The one thing I would say is that in future I won't be in too much of a hurry to download the latest version because hardly any of my add-ons work.

I use 3.0.14 at work and 3.5.2 at home. They are both OK and light years ahead of anything MS produce.

Chrome is way faster then Firefox but I miss the add-ons from Firefox, like adblock and the dictionary, so I still use Firefox mostly. Once Chrome get some add-ons Firefox will be gone.

I have an old XP, 6 or 7 yrs, Firefox now crashes a lot. Did not before.

I have Vista(a year old), and I found the new upgrade of FireFox slowing the programs down at times. Curious to know if anyone else has 'Vista', and has the same problems.
I have also found that the Firefox Browser seems to have a life of it own. After not using the PC for a while - it goes into 'power down mode', and once I fire the PC up to use it once more, I find Firefox Browser 'dominating' my screen.
Er....I wonder if it is telling me something, I should be doing?! ;)

As Steve has mentioned I will try to resolve the issue with 'settings' and see if it helps issues.

Regards
Kathy
x

Last edited:
Chrome is way faster then Firefox but I miss the add-ons from Firefox, like adblock and the dictionary, so I still use Firefox mostly. Once Chrome get some add-ons Firefox will be gone.

Precisely my thoughts - tho' I'll happily keep and use FF - along with Maxthon, Avant and Opera (all used for specific purposes/sites)

Running an less than 1 yr old pc (good spec) with XP - one or two earlier versions of FF did crash a lot - current version much better - speed limited by internet not browser.

An upgrade to IE8 on an older XP laptop caused havoc and had to be rolled back with removal of IE8 - I know which I prefer!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back