• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

D Mark 3 and 7D Mark 2; shutter noise and video (1 Viewer)

M Collard

Hi,

I am working with some badgers and foxes at the moment and wish to improve the quality of my video; has anybody a view on a comparison of video with these cameras?

Also shutter noise for stills; 1D is ok with the reduced noise setting but still a little noisy for me.

I know a lot depends on the lens but with a 70-200 f2.8 think I have the best lens for what I am doing.

I am thinking of purchasing a 7D for the 1.6 crop factor but without some improvement in the two areas it may not be worth doing

Any thoughts are appreciated

Don't know about video but the 7d mkII is a lot quieter when on silent far less of the clunk of a D camera.

Rob.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back