• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New to digiscoping, can anyone help please (1 Viewer)

Fatboywez

I have had my scope for a while now and want to start using it to take pics.
The scope I have is a Acuter ST 16-48x65A. My question is what sort of features on a compact camera should I look for and how should I attach said camera for the best results. I am on a budget due to baby on the way so older cameras will probably what I would look for!

Thanks in advance

I have had my scope for a while now and want to start using it to take pics.
The scope I have is a Acuter ST 16-48x65A. My question is what sort of features on a compact camera should I look for and how should I attach said camera for the best results. I am on a budget due to baby on the way so older cameras will probably what I would look for!

Thanks in advance

Whoops, sorry you were left hanging. I can help you get into quality digiscoping for very little money. Just how depends upon your fabrication skills and any home tools. Attached is one of my early shots using a home made scope with a $10. achromatic lens from Surplus Shed and an old Canon A-720 camera. Click image to enlarge. My current favorite camera is a little Lumix FH-1, or FS-10 I bought for $12 from e-Bay.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6212/6244971132_29ae58f7d5_z.jpg

The steps I suggest, in order, are determining if your scope eyepiece is suitable for digiscoping, and if not, what can be done. After solving that my suggested purchase and attachment of a camera to the eyepiece. We do not buy anything until we know it will work. Do you know the specified eye-relief of your scope eyepiece? If not, is it easy to use by a person wearing eye-glasses?

You will need a medium tripod also. So, get back to me. Gene

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back