• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Two from my collection to ID please... (1 Viewer)

theMusicMan

UK: Two from my collection to ID please...

Hi All

I have two shots for ID if I may please.

#1: I took a shot today as I spotted a bird flying across the river - but it was too fast for me to get anything composed, sorted, focussed etc. It was very quickly taken indeed and is a dreadful shot i am almost embarrased to post it. But... curiosity has the better of me and I am wondering if anyone can ID it please. Thanks

20080701-P7017358.jpg

#2: Taken on Skomer Island a few weeks ago. Can anyone let me know what the bird of prey is please that is being badgered by a Raven? I thought it was a juv Buzzard, but there is something peculiar about the shape and head that I am unsure of. So... it's over to the experts...

BoP1of1.jpg

Thanks all.

Last edited:
Yep Sand Martin and Raven. Took me a while to figure out which way round the Raven was it's a bit tatty! Note the brown plumage of the Sand Martin and the lacking of a white rump, some of the distinguishing features from House Martin.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back