• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Viking navilux any good. (1 Viewer)

Shaggy2070

I've always made done with cheap bin's (£15 Aldi specials;)) but have decided to buy something a bit better. I've seen the Viking Navilux 8x30 & 10x40 for about £120 (give or take a couple of £).

Are Viking bin's any good???

Hmm a cheap porro versus a cheap roof. The Navilux will give you better close focussing if they are the Bresser 10x50's from Lidl's you are replacing and waterproofing. I'd go for the 8x40 to get the best optics from the Navilux.

The Viking bins are perfectly fine but don't expect stellar optics at that price. How much of an upgrade over the bins you have, you will have to decide.

I have seen the Viking MD 6.5x32 for £150 on the net somewhere. I have tried them briefly and I think that for the money they are very nice.

I don't know what the 8x32 version is like or if they can be had for the same price but it might be worth you looking into.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back