• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sandwell Valley (5 Viewers)

Late news yesterday
Redpoll, Treecreeper, Fieldfare x2 and a probable Golden Plover over Reserve per RSPB
Good Birding YAMYAM

From the Hide
Water Rail, Snipe x15, Lapwing x4, Pochard, Gadwall, Teal, Goosander x10 and Peregrine over per Pete Carless
Good Birding YAMYAM

Caspian Gull ?
There have been sevaral sightings of a possible second winter Caspian Gull on Forge Mill, the bird was seen briefly on the 15th November by Pete Hackett then again on the 22nd by Pete Carless and lastly yesterday by Mel Jones on all three occasions the Gulls had taken to the air and said bird was lost to veiw if there is a Caspian Gull in the Valley it's only a matter of time till the bird is pinned down.
Good Birding YAMYAM

From the Hide
Pintail pair, Goosander c13, Pochard c10, Gadwall c6,Teal c8 and Water Rail x3 per Pete Carless
Good Birding YAMYAM

On the subject of Gulls I had this sent to me in September taken by John Clake on Swan Pool

Attachments

• 49_IMG_0243.jpg
    49_IMG_0243.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 35
Can any one remember when Forge Mill looked like this photo taken by Andy Purcell

Attachments

• _20161124_182007.jpg
    _20161124_182007.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 47
Can any one remember when Forge Mill looked like this photo taken by Andy Purcell
Reminds me of the 'Golden days' when Sheepwash UP looked liked that - Some great local birds and incredible numbers of common migrants during spring and autumn - Breeding species which have now been lost - Dynamic and changing conditions at the time.

Sedgley Birder - :t:

Reminds me of the 'Golden days' when Sheepwash UP looked liked that - Some great local birds and incredible numbers of common migrants during spring and autumn - Breeding species which have now been lost - Dynamic and changing conditions at the time.

Sedgley Birder - :t:

Yes in the eighties I would do Sandwell and Sheepwash several times a day
Dave

From the Hide
Goosander x20, Snipe x15, Water Rail, Common Gull, Lapwing x5, Teal x5 (13 in Marsh) and Greylag per Pete Carless
Good Birding YAMYAM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back