• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Feathered Friends with FZ18 (1 Viewer)

power_8383

Hello FZ18 users,

No one seems to be talking about FZ18 anymore.
What happened ? Are we dead ?

Lets post the bird photos in this thread, shot with FZ18.

The FZ18 was and is a great camera but things have moved on in the world of people who change their cameras every few months as tends to happen here. There is also the issue that Zooms of 24 to 35 are more the norm in recent cameras along with much higher pixel counts. Nothing to stop people discussing the FZ18 or its contempories, but perhaps the best place for the pictures is in the forum.;)

Please critique my photos.

Attachments

• P1300097_2.JPG
    P1300097_2.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 90
  • P1220455.jpg
    P1220455.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 83
  • P1170284_.jpg
    P1170284_.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 89
I still have my fz18 but have moved on to a GH2 + 100-300 for most of my bird photos. I feel I get better sharpness and better low iso performance with my new kit, but it definitely also cost a lot more.

The three photos uploaded in post 4 looks really good. Now that you ask for critique, there is a bit of sharpening artefacts around the branch in the third image, you may be able to do better in the post processing there?

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back