• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Today's thoughts Leica ultravid 10x25 (1 Viewer)

wingedwarrior

Well today I managed to get to go to a local nature reserve with my new leicas.

What struck me first about them was how bright they were even against my good lady's 8x43 Hawkes.

They held there own!

The field of view was sharp to the edge and the whole image was razor sharp and detailed.

But the contrast was the winner for me, it was like nothing was there between your eyes and the subject as it was very transparent.

And against the sun they were astounding, the contrast never failed, never hazed or lost detail, this is the best I've ever seen and still amazes me how they keep the contrast in the harshest conditions.

Can't wait to get out tomorrow with them.

And all so pocketful and easy to carry.

Also this might sound daft but sort of makes you feel good carrying them around your neck! Or it maybe me.

Thanks gaz

Last edited:
Sounds like a winner Gaz! I know what you mean about the feeling. Having any quality product makes you feel good especially if you spent time researching for the best you could afford.

I recently purchased the 8x20 UVHD and they were really nice optically but physically just too small for my hands so I had to return them. The focus knob was my only minor complaint. It was fine but its design could be improved.

I did love the compact size. You can definitely walk around with them without feeling their weight.

I suspect you'll have them for some time. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back