• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mallorca 2016 (2 Viewers)

Thanks for posting Joe. What a list!
Lesser spotted eagle is a mega as is Goshawk, both at the same time too.
all the best and I hope you come back soon. Mike

Joe, if you get time we would very much appreciate you sending in records of the eagle and Goshawk.
Red-throated pipit is also a rarity but there have been a few sightings this year. Thanks, Mike

Bee-eaters

Good morning,
some Bee-eaters have arrived to Son Bosc.

The population of bee-eaters in Mallorca has decreased in the last years, so, the GOB asks don't disturb them specially on the nesting locations.
Bee-eaters can be observed very well from the road to the Depuradora (Sewage treatment plant) and to use the car as a hide to take photos is very useful.
Thank you very much and enjoy your birding!
Cristina.

good day at S'Albufera today , on top of all the usual but still enjoyable suspects : 1 curlew sandpiper and 1 male yellow wagtail feldegg
fabrice

Hi all,

I'm coming out to PP in a week. Just wondering if migration is still happening? Hoping I haven't missed it.

Rach

Hi Rach, don't worry, there will be plenty of migration to come with Lesser kestrels, Red-footed Falcons, Bee-eaters, Golden Orioles and lots of other great species.
I am in the UK at the moment but will be back next week so I hope I haven't missed too much either! I will post all sightings here. Mike

Thanks Mike, just worried the forum had gone a bit quiet. Looking forward to coming back next week. Golden Orioles would be amazing, as my husband had never seen one and I've only seen them once before in the UK.

Rach

Home again and the news is a Black Stork in the north and a Montagu's Harrier through as well. All shaping up for a great weekend. Mike

It's good to be back, in just a couple of hours this evening I added seven new species to my year list with quite a good amount of migration in evidence.
Whinchat, Northern Wheatear, Spotted Flycatcher, both male and female Pied Flycatcher, Nightingale, Woodchat and Turtle Dove.
Also Peregrine, Stone Curlew, Thekla Lark, five Hoopoe, many Stonechat and a large flock of Serin. Mike

Hello
Some sightings today. Depuadora S'Illiot - Roller on metal posts and wires to right of road from bus depot; Tawny Pipit also there; Red-rumped Swallow 2+ with Barn Swallows feeding over fields nearby late afternoon. Albufereta - Flamingo 50+; Great Egret 2; Wood Sandpiper 6; Bee-eater 5 and a further Roller (!) on wires at Can Cuarassa track early evening.
Graham

Hundreds of both Scopoli's and Balearic shearwaters streaming down the east coast on this calm and sunny evening. A beautiful sight, especially as they were all so close inshore.
Also a few Ortolan Buntings and Golden Orioles have been seen. Mike

A very nice morning spent at Cap de Ses Salines but little to show for it. One Hobby came in off the sea, two Grey Heron, about fifty Common Swift and a few Swallows. Mike

Hello again
Elusive Wryneck below finca at Boquer this morning; RR Swallow over north from Can Cuarassa track and male Montagu's Harrier feeding over fields from there early afternoon.
Graham

Arrived Sat and have splendid views over S'Albuferita lakes. Great white egret, 12 Red crested Pochard,4 flyover Purple Herons, one cattle egret,4 Shelduck - one pair with chicks, one pair gadwall, plenty of coots plus single marsh harrier and Osprey from the hide behind the hotel. Mind you, late packing have forgotten all my maps and notes for the island.
Do they sell maps of the island at La Gola reserve

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back