• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Conquest HD 15x56 vs Swarovski SLC 15x56 (1 Viewer)

Sagittarius

Just got through comparing the new Zeiss Conquest HD 15x56 to the new Swarovski SLC 15x56

The specs are fairly close except for FOV.
The 15x56 Conquest lists the FOV at only 80' at 1000 yds. :eek!:
The Swarovski lists FOV at 234' for 1000 yds. :h?:
Weight is 45.7 oz for the Conquest HD while Swarovski lists 42.3 oz

I was considering getting the Conquest 15x56 unless Zeiss builds an HT 15x56.
If they don't, I would, now, definitely get the Swarovski SLC over the Conquest.
Cannot believe how Swarovski blows away the Conquest FOV considering they both have Abbe Konig prisms and very similar dimensions. :h?:
How they managed an almost 3 to 1 difference is beyond me. :h?:
WTH ? :eek!:

The Swarovski SLC lists for $900.00 more dollars than the Zeiss Conquest HD but is easily worth every penny of it, imo, with a FOV that is nearly triple !!!

Anyone out there know if the specs may be incorrect for these models ?

Unfortunately you are using two different measurements.

You have given the Zeiss figures in m @ 1000m and the Swarovski figures as ft @ 1000 yds.

The actual figures should be :

Zeiss Conquest 15x56
80m @ 1000m or
240ft @ 1000yds

Swarovski SLC 15x56
78m @ 1000m or
234ft @ 1000yds

Gary.

Last edited:
Unfortunately you are using two different measurements.

You have given the Zeiss figures in m @ 1000m and the Swarovski figures as ft @ 1000 yds.

The actual figures should be :

Zeiss Conquest 15x56
80m @ 1000m or
240ft @ 1000yds

Swarovski SLC 15x56
78m @ 1000m or
234ft @ 1000yds

Gary.

Hi Gary

Nice to hear from you and hope all is well with you :t:

The confusion about units here has arisen because the USA website show the FOV as 80' at 1,000yds. Clearly an error for the reason you have pointed out.
Hopefully someone will correct this although the figures have been up there for a couple of weeks now.
And don't get me started on the weight and length of HT 8x42 which have been wrong on both USA and UK websites for more than a year. Mike Jensen has said he will look into this matter with regard to the USA website but it really is about time the Euro websites were corrected too.
Think you can start the process??

Best wishes Lee

Last edited:
You are welcome Sagitarious, although it was Gary that stepped up with the correct numbers. See also the post from Mike under the Conquest Tech Info thread.

Cancer
(aka Troubador)

Just got through comparing the new Zeiss Conquest HD 15x56 to the new Swarovski SLC 15x56

The specs are fairly close except for FOV.
The 15x56 Conquest lists the FOV at only 80' at 1000 yds. :eek!:
The Swarovski lists FOV at 234' for 1000 yds. :h?:
Weight is 45.7 oz for the Conquest HD while Swarovski lists 42.3 oz

They made a mistake on the website. That has been discussed here before:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=273886&page=3
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=273886&page=4

Hermann

Sag,

I kinda laughing to myself here. You thought that, with the same configuration, the Swaro had 3 times the FOV than the Zeiss? You might of, maybe, looked for the specs from another source before your post.
I was hoping to read that you looked through them both and had some useful feedback. That probably would have alerted you to the mistake.

BTW, this was taken from the Zeiss USA Sports Optics site 5 minutes ago.

Attachments

• Zeiss Conquest.jpg
    Zeiss Conquest.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 783
Last edited:
You're right, Kevin. LOL
Didn't do enough homework but did wonder how Swarovski could have pulled it off with similar specs.
Hence the "WTH" statement in my 1st post. 3:)

Sag,

I kinda laughing to myself here. You thought that, with the same configuration, the Swaro had 3 times the FOV than the Zeiss? You might of, maybe, looked for the specs from another source before your post.
I was hoping to read that you looked through them both and had some useful feedback. That probably would have alerted you to the mistake.

BTW, this was taken from the Zeiss USA Sports Optics site 5 minutes ago.

Hi Kevin

Thanks for posting this. It is odd that if, on the USA website you go to Hunting, Bins, Conquest HD, Models, Tech Data, 15x56 you still get the 80' figure that tripped Sagittarious.

Lee

Zeiss website data corrected

Hi Kevin

Thanks for posting this. It is odd that if, on the USA website you go to Hunting, Bins, Conquest HD, Models, Tech Data, 15x56 you still get the 80' figure that tripped Sagittarious.

Lee

Gentleman Mike Jensen said he would have the model by model Conquest HD data corrected for the FOV of the 15x and he is as good as his word.

Thanks Mike.

Lee

Cabelas is listing a new Meopta (cabelas version) Meostar HD in 15x56 in their most new flyer.

Yet another new option to consider.

220ft FOV 40.6oz $1599.99

Hi to all.
Yesterday I started to compare these three binoculars. I hope to publish the review at the end of next week. For the moment, I hope you enjoy this photo. A 15X binocular is a valid substitute for a 20-25X spotting scope:t:

Attachments

• trio_Birdforum.jpg
    trio_Birdforum.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 1,348
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back