• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

cam- film editing software? (1 Viewer)

keithyed

I had a Samsung cam- corder for xmas and was a bit concerned by the
film editing software.
my first experimental download has worked out very dark in comparison to
the view on the camera. i used windows media programme to edit the film
but enhancing was only possible by lightening which gives a washed out
picture.
has anyone got a good programme to edit the film on down loading/editing.
i had to get a firewire to down load but that seems to be working ok.
being an oldie i need some assistance as not that good with computers.

thanks
keith

I gave up on the panasonic editing software that came with my camcorder and went for pinnacle studio. It was expensive (about £45.00) but does everything I need and more.

Steve

Why not get Premiere Elements 1 its a basic program but runs well on my computer. The only thing I would add is make sure its got the number 1 as the latest edition number 2 won't run on an older computer. I know that through experiance. This goes for Premiere Elements 4 as well Premiere Elements 3 will run on older computers but not 4. Frank

I also found out the same with Pinnacle studio. The older version 9 runs fine on my computer but the newer version 10 judders along as this computer is not up to date enough to run the programme properly. The computer was only bought about three years ago, so bear the version of Pinnacle in mind if your computer is not up to date.

keithyed said:
thanks all.It would appear pinnacle will do what i need.

Pinnacle 9 is fine. As regards the darkness I don't know what you can do now. I don't know your camera but I suggest you try a variety of settings in a single situation and find out the one that gives you the results you like the best. Try a day where light conditions are not changing every 2 minutes. Most cameras have a setting where aperture has the priority, another setting for the shutter speed, an automatic setting that perhaps gave you your dark shot and 'manual' where you control all the settings.

My video camera was pretty poor explaining it with the manual, and I have yet to download video, only stills. They could do a little better. The manual has all kinds of uselss features explained instead.

Tero said:
My video camera was pretty poor explaining it with the manual, and I have yet to download video, only stills. They could do a little better. The manual has all kinds of uselss features explained instead.

Pretty sure Pinnacle 9 will do the trick.

steve

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back