• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is it my computer or the forum running slow. (1 Viewer)

janetclark

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this as I'm new in the forums.

But over the last week, some times when I try to view a posting, or post a comment it is taking nearly a minute to open, ie- if I click on a photo in the gallery that takes up to a minute to open, then I click to post a comment, that take another minute to open, and yet again when I submit it, and another to go back to the gallery. As I can only be on line for 2hrs, it is very slow. I've done a disk clean up, and defragmented in c-drive and it's made no difference at all.

I would be greatful for any feedback as it spoiling my enjoyment of the birdforum.

Thank's

Janet.

Last edited:
I don't think it's Bird Forum as I'm finding quite a few sites are running very slowly. I was wondering whether it was due to the power outages in the States or from the strain on the Internet of people trying to find info about halting the new virus.

Thank's for your feedback, after posting this I found that it started running nearlly normally again, it's a little slow but no where near as slow as it has been. So as you said it must be my sever or something else causeing it.

Sometimes it can be caused by a flakey connection.

When you dialup your ISP the modem tries to find the best connection speed. It tries a fast speed and then successively slower speeds until it gets an ungarbled acknowledgement. If there is noise on the line this can be quite slow. If you hover the mose owver the little green computers that flash dark/light green in the taskbar it will say something like:

xxx bytes received yyy bytes sent @ zzz bps

today mine says 37333 bps which is about normal for me but fluctuates between 33333 bps and 38000 bps. Occassionally it says 11000, at which point I reconnect.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back