• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Shoveler Count. (1 Viewer)

coaltit

United Kingdom
A little late in posting this post but more Importantly posting it. Naturally with Bird watching a large slice of luck is needed at times to find Interesting records One of those times was back last october for me, only the week before I had Purchased a knock down price on a hardly used opticron Minocular 8x30 from Seeing it advertised through our local bird societys bulletin, and I felt very Proud to have this Minocular for other reasons to, I was on holiday the same week I purchased this Item and mid-week I decided to try the Minocular out on A local lake with (no other thought than that) It was not long before after useing this optic that I realised I had come on to something rather special When I was getting a high count for Shoveler in all 22 Drakes and two duck 24 In all higher than any previous counts I had had here spanning over 25 years and more, I was soon to learn through contacting others this record had Broken The previous record set in 1973 with 20 shoveler and only two days calendar wise earlier, by First highest count of any bird on any site in 35 years of being a Society Member, And I,ve often visited this site purposely to record such events, So yes luck true to Form played its part here hopefully more good times with this Minocular, Perhaps people have had similar experiences in their lifetime? Just to add also that during october a record Count for Shoveler was also obtained at Carsington Reservoir along with Pintail to..

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back