• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

AGW and rising sea levels (2 Viewers)

Thanks Joost - I look forward to digesting in due course - perhaps sometime after Christmas dinner ! :)

Chosun :gh:

No problem Chosun. Please note that this is the summary document for governments and business. If you want to properly get into the subject matter (and judging by the length of this thread it's clearly of interest to you) then I recommend you read the full report in the second link. Again that is a summary of the current scientific consensus, but it's much more in-depth. To properly scrutinize the evidence-base you will have to go one level deeper again into the primary literature (i.e. the papers in which the actual measurements/observations have been described and discussed). I am happy to send you digital copies of any of those if you're interested. Happy reading! :t:

Joost

No problem Chosun. Please note that this is the summary document for governments and business. If you want to properly get into the subject matter (and judging by the length of this thread it's clearly of interest to you) then I recommend you read the full report in the second link. Again that is a summary of the current scientific consensus, but it's much more in-depth. To properly scrutinize the evidence-base you will have to go one level deeper again into the primary literature (i.e. the papers in which the actual measurements/observations have been described and discussed). I am happy to send you digital copies of any of those if you're interested. Happy reading! :t:

Ha, ha, beautiful. . ..

Interesting report. I was particularly struck by fig.SPM-2, the meat of which is easily convertible to a series of pie charts (though why anyone would wish to do, l don’t know).

So, Chosun, you have your hearts’ desire—complex data summarized in the simple graphical forms you’re used to dealing with in the business world. Enjoy. . .
Personally I found it hard to get past SPM-1, which would make a pie chart of SPM-2 rather more irrelevant, irrelevant as it already is to what was asked for ...... :smoke:

Of course the reasons for this are buried in this 'long thread' as I directed you to earlier .... betcha haven't looked! (Of course there'd be less to wade through if you hadn't spammed this thread so much - out posting everyone else nearly 3, 4, 5x or more) ;) lol ! :-O beautiful .......

Are you even serious in what you write, or is it just another instance of fluffy getting off the chain again ...... (o)<

Joost
Hi Joost,

Thanks for the links and offer. I started reading the summary, but could not push myself past SPM-1 (d) as mentioned. I find the relative virtual flatlining of land use factors almost incredulous.

There were other things throwing up flags preventing me reading further - such as the claims of the highest atmospheric concentrations of CO2 in the last 800,000 years and yet only warmest 30 year period Northern Hemisphere temperatures in the last 1400 years ?? and this despite the primary premise of near perfect correlation between the two. If there are other extraneous factors then why even mention this. I wouldn't like to be the person taking this sort of stuff to the boardroom - you'd have yourself a new one ripped in 3 seconds flat! :eek!:

! Is there anything in the main body of the report which addresses all of the factors and assigns them quanta (or ranges) for all of the changing climate prior to the current industrial period?

Just as an FYI, with regard to land use, you may find this article of interest https://news.stanford.edu/press-releases/2017/10/05/soil-holds-potenw-global-warming/

Also, even though in the early days of empirical data (it took some time for maverick and guru Peter Andrews to overturn half a century or so of 'consensus' science before anyone would even contemplate measurements) you might also be interested in this thread http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=342128

And this one too http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=345778 .... (link to the paper in post#4)

Last edited:
Of course the reasons for this are buried in this 'long thread' as I directed you to earlier .... betcha haven't looked! (Of course there'd be less to wade through if you hadn't spammed this thread so much - out posting everyone else nearly 3, 4, 5x or more) ;) lol ! :-O beautiful .......

More posts than you, certainly, but many many many fewer words.

Last edited:
Irrelevant supercilious one-liners with obtuse partisan links will tend to do that ;)

Just as interminable, emoji-laden, empty-headed bloviations result in the opposite. But I sympathize with your predicament, I really do: brevity would only throw into relief the phoniness of your pretensions and banality of your thinking. You fool nobody here worth fooling, you know, not a one.

Last edited:
Irrelevant supercilious one-liners with obtuse partisan links will tend to do that ;)

You forgot the endless ad hominem spew.

Truth is, I've enjoyed dangling shiny objects before Fugs, although they always seem to illicit the same, mundane responses.
He regards half the country as yokels because we refuse to fall lock-step with his (and others here) progressive line of thinking. The thread that revealed the intense U.K. hate for the U.S. has thankfully been removed, but it spoke volumes.

Newsflash, pompous blowhards here, we DGA royal S what you think. And the NYT, The Atlantic, The New Yorker and Washington Post are partisan rags that wouldn't publish real (or contrarian) news if it hit them in the a s s. They have an AGW agenda and they will go down in bankruptcy flames (or take George Soros's last $) before they exercise moral or political parity on anything related. Good riddance. They hate (Judaeo-Christian) America just as much as some here.

You forgot the endless ad hominem spew.

Newsflash, pompous blowhards here, we DGA royal S what you think. And the NYT, The Atlantic, The New Yorker and Washington Post are partisan rags that wouldn't publish real (or contrarian) news if it hit them in the a s s. They have an AGW agenda and they will go down in bankruptcy flames (or take George Soros's last $) before they exercise moral or political parity on anything related. Good riddance. They hate (Judaeo-Christian) America just as much as some here.

You're Judge Roy Moore and I claim my $5.

??....I'm not going to defend Roy Moore. If a 32 y/o man hit on my 16 y/o daughter (something I believe he admits to) I'd kick his ass.

Try again....

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back