• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wish List If You Won The Lottery (1 Viewer)

sure does

Bluetail said:
My own private coastal marsh and a house overlooking it. Does that count as birding gear?
also huge bay window overlooking marsh with mega scopes set up to cover all areas

forget the gear ....

Ecuador
Peru
Venezuela
Kenya
South Africa
Costa Rica
Vietnam
Thailland
Austrailia

I'm sure I can think of a few others............

oh and a nice house up in Norfolk......

Last edited:
wrong thread?

django said:
also huge bay window overlooking marsh with mega scopes set up to cover all areas

What has your question got to do in this thread on Zeiss scopes? I assume you don't expect us all to stick to this one brand? ;)

Being well equipped with traditional gear for the moment, I'd opt for a very good yet light-weight nightvision tool.

probaly get a serious DSLR with a big range of lenses, and another pair of bins.

not much really, would just love to be able to retire at the ripe old age of 26 and enjoy travelling to different locations, and just enjoying birding a little more!

I'm with Jason on this one - I'd buy some land and spend my time creating and managing habitat, then hopefully get some goodies on it that you can all come and twitch.

Actual birding kit - at the moment I'm very happy with my bins and scope, but would add another long lens for my dslr (maybe the Sigma 300-800).

Probably the most essential would be a good 4x4, so when I visit sites like Holme I don't have to spend so much time worrying that my car is about to fall apart.

Aston Martin DB9 to wow the crowds when turning up at speed to a twitch.

Roll the window down and say "Owt about?"

Andrew said:
Aston Martin DB9 to wow the crowds when turning up at speed to a twitch.

Roll the window down and say "Owt about?"

I like your style Andrew ... mind you the access track at Elmley probably won't do the suspension much good

pduxon said:
forget the gear ....

Ecuador
Peru
Venezuela
Kenya
South Africa
Costa Rica
Vietnam
Thailland
Austrailia

I'm sure I can think of a few others............

oh and a nice house up in Norfolk......

Could you buy all of those with just one lottery win - even with a rollover ;)

Got to agree with Jason....It's all about location!

Outer Hebs, perhaps? Suzanne and I fell in love with Berneray a couple of summers ago - I'm sure it's severely underwatched!

I also like Andrew's style - though perhaps BMW M5 would be more practical?

Adey Baker said:
Could you buy all of those with just one lottery win - even with a rollover ;)

you again!!! ;)

I've said that if I win the BIG one I'll take some BF mates on a trip to Ecuador.

my own bird reserve in the UK somewhere, 1000's of acres of rainforest in south america - turned in to reservations for indigenous people and private reserves for the natural world. A nice house with beautiful views in my beloved Slovenia, and happiness, joy and laughter.

Certain would be one of these people who moan that they've got nothing to do but get drunk, take drugs and smash up old cars in their back garden.

fine wine

fine food

all the music and books i can get hold of

loadsa gigs

a place in Italy

my own 5-a-side pitch

to be honest i'd be happy just bumbling around Norfolk for a month, then a month somewhere exotic etc

Tim

a little oh bungalow in hickling village,ten minute cycle ride to stubb mill and hickling broad.what more could you want!

matt :t:

dreams eh .... a bit of land along the coast and develop my own broad with reedbeds and meadows etc, with some cliffs and a beach nearby

Or just buy Minsmere ;)

Then i'd get a new bicycle, probably a Bob Jackson custom, and one for the good lady too. That'd save her the expense of getting the bus with all my new gear & dslr kit :t:

And i could behave like this .... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/11/07/nlott07.xml

(er, actually matts idea is as good as any)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back