• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Here is a White Throated Sparrow (1 Viewer)

HessNest

Arkansasbelle
I had a little help from my husband on most of my pictures . I hope to get a new camera for my anniversary. One that I can operate with out help. Any sugestions for a beginner on what to get :hippy:

Attachments

• white_throated_sparrow.jpg
    white_throated_sparrow.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 187
Sure, get a Olympus C-740! I got mine earlier this month and have already taken over 2300 pictures with it. It's very good, has 10x optical zoom and 3x digital zoom, for a total of 30x zoom! Some of the pictures in my gallery, as well as the picture to the left, were taken with this new camera! I just love it. So easy to use. The instrusction manual is 170or so pages, but the only section that you really need is the English section, which is 42 pages.

The Olympus is a Point-and-Shoot digital camera, and comes with a USB transfer cable, a 16MB xD Picture Card, wrist strap, lens cap, and neck strap. You can find some on eBay for less than $350. EBay auction on this camera may also include larger xD Picture Cards, tripods, cleaning kits, xD Card readers, and whatever else is needed. Mine came with a 64MB memory (81 HQ pictures can fit on one 64MB xD Card) and lens cleaning kit. memory cards are available in 16MB, 64MB, 128MB, 256MB, and 512MB. Olympus branded xD Picture Cards are the only xD's that support the Panorama function of certain cameras. Both Fujifilm and Olympus teamed up to design the new memory. If you already have a CompactFlash reader, you can buy a special CompactFlash adapter to insert the xD picture cards into. The CF adapter is then plugged into your current reader. YOu can also you the CF adapter to use xD cards in CF cameras. Just don't format the xD card using the camera.

Also, very nice picture of the White-Throated. Congratulations! My first WTS (White-Throated Sparrow) was on April 21st.

Feel free to check out my gallery.

HessNest said:
I had a little help from my husband on most of my pictures . I hope to get a new camera for my anniversary. One that I can operate with out help. Any sugestions for a beginner on what to get :hippy:

I've been using what I had an oly d520 until I realized I maxed out the cameras potential - only 2MP and automatic.

I researched all the common cameras until I was sick of it and then decided to look through the gallery taking note of the equipment used and the quality obtained (only digiscoping). I liked the oly c-50 so I went to foxcreeks gallery - WOW did that sell me. I was ready to buy but then found out oly had just released the c-60. I then had to contact foxcreeks to find out the difference. Both of us bought the camera and he has some results posted.

The c-60 has more features, 6MP, and for what you get is resonable.

Joe

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back