• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Whitethroat (1 Viewer)

birdman

Орнитол&
A very unexpected and very welcome first time Garden Visitor at about 6:30 this morning!!!

BIG smile!

:t:

Wow! The best I have had was a Garden Warbler in the small pine trees and I was chuffed with that. I would be delighted with Whitethroat too.

Wow indeed... seriously chuffed about this.

After last year's glut of Whitethroats on my patch, we seem to have struggled this year. I know they are there, but not in nearly so obviously. As I've said elsewhere, my garden backs on to my patch, so there's always a chance that smomething will come visit, but this is a big surprise.

The Ribes is just poking over the top of the fence, and is the tallest thing in the garden. My partner spotted out visitor in the Berberis, and rather than appearing out of place, he actually seemed quite at home, in and out of the border plants. Seemed to be quite taken with the Fennel... probably the blackfly!!!

There may just have been two... but never saw two at once.

I too notice Whitethroats being harder to spot on my WeBS stretch of the canal. Last year I did not have to make an effort to record them but this year I have to stand at reliable spots and wait. Often come away with nothing. Still recording them on the survey walks though so they are being reliable.

I have seen less Whitethroats than usual this year also. Congrats about the one in the Garden. Fantastic.

birdman said:
A very unexpected and very welcome first time Garden Visitor at about 6:30 this morning!!!

BIG smile!

:t:

well chuffed for you Dave. There seem to have been as many as normal down here from my casual observations.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back