• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

batbox baton (1 Viewer)

siriperera.com

recording batscan for web in garden.jpg

I have added an attachment to this post of an anomaly with my batbox baton recording. has anyone seen this before. It has a range up to a 100 khz recording of an ultrasound trace as it is in the air. This recording was in the garden hence where is it coming from.
has anyone seen this before.

Hi siriperera and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I've moved your post to the Bat forum and subscribed you to the thread so you can keep track of it.

I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

Siriperera,
I have seen a feature that looks like yours (not in batbox though). The wide band noise could be internal to your recording system. I have this in one of my setups. It can also be a somewhat unexpected external thing. Compact fluorescent light bulbs and some street lights create high frequency noise in the 50-120kHz range at least. If differs from light to light. Some other electric or electronic interference can cause similar noises too.

HarryJ

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back