• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron HDF Eyepieces. (1 Viewer)

stevo

When mounting/dismounting my Lce digiscoping adapter from my Opticron Eyepiece I found that not only did the adapter score the eyepiece, but there was a fair amount of wobble before tightening the screws up.This is because on the range of eyepieces there is a lip on which the eyecup fits.By fitting a couple of rubber O rings under the lip the problem of wobble & scoring/scuffing of the eyepiece is eliminated.The O rings were picked up ina local car spares shop.I hope this is of use to other users.

Regards Stevo 8-P

Stevo, if its the new Opticron digital photo lense you will find that the cardboard tube of a toilet roll fits quite neatly over the lens for protection.

Hope this is useful.

Stevo,
which HDF eye peice are you using, I used the 22x and made an adapter using Opticrons photo adapter that dosen't even come into contact with the eyepeice I can supply more details if necessary

Stevo,
just checked the box of the photo adapter and it is made for your eyepeice.
I'll try and explain what I did iff it's not clear please tell me.
This adapter is of two peice construction a tube that screws on to the threads for your eye peice cover and the part to take the camera held in place with a knurled screw and lip on the tube.
The adapter comes fitted with a ring to take a 'T' mount for an SLR . This has to be removed by slackening 3 small screws, it then screws off leaving you with a standard 49mm stepping ring thread.
I fitted 49-37 and 37-28 ring to this so it directly fit's my Coolpix 4500.
I also shortened the tube using a fine hacksaw and emery-paper, this also removed the lip so the camrea part will slide on and off so the tube can be left on the scope. To digi-scope its just a case off sliding on the adapter part and tightening 1 screw.
Sounds confusing yes? can supply a pic if required.
Ray

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back