• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Weekend first (1 Viewer)

Woody

Hi All,

The weather here was dismal - pelting rain constantly for two days.

I got out in the car and decided to go and have a look at the lapwings on the track out to Elmley marshes they are great birds and there's always plenty of them out there along with the wigeon.

On the way to Sheppey I stopped off at the marshland by the Funton works and scanned the wildfowl and waders there for a while. There were plenty of dunlin, curlew, black headed gulls, grey plover, oystercatcher and redshank along with shelduck, cormorant and a small flock of brent geese.

Amongst all the usual suspects I saw my first pintail, not a particular rarity I know, but it's my first one so I was pretty chuffed.

Despite the weather, I had an enjoyable couple of hours without getting out of the car. I was glad to get back indoors though for a welcome cup of coffee before the neccessary christmas shopping trip!

Woody

Hi Woody,glad you had an enjoyable couple of hours;don't expect there were too many birders at Elmley in that kind of weather,given the long march from the car park!

I did get out of the car !! I had Hanningfield to myself Saturday morning. Lots of Pintails about!

Got soaked but very enjoyable & beat shopping!!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back