• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help! Found a baby humingbird. What do we do? (1 Viewer)

babyhummingbird

My husband almost stepped on this baby humming bird on his way out of the garage (I think it is a baby though it's not extremely tiny.) It has it's feathers and flaps it's wings but can't go anywhere. I found a sugar water solution to feed it but what else? I'ts also got all kinds of teeny tiny little bugs on it esp. it's head. Suggestions please!
Thanks,
Kelly

KCFoggin said:
Hi Kelly and welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum. The best answer we can give you is located at this link:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=36564

Thanks for your reply KC!

I got a # to a woman that is a hummingbird rescuer and luckily lived 3 miles away from me. I took the bird to her and she was awaiting 4 more from as far as 2 hrs away. She had about 200 hummingbirds in different stages of recouperation and all will be returned back out. Her place was amazing for somone on her feet all of the day and night. She recently had knee surgery and has to take the birds in the incubater along with her and stop in the middle of her Phy.s therapy to feed them. She says she just can't stop knowing they'd have no where else to go for help. She's Amazing for sure o:) . Hopely she'll be around for these little birds for a long while.

Hi, Kelly! Another warm welcome to you from BirdForum!

Good for you, great job getting the bird into professional -- and such caring! -- hands! :clap:

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back