• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

gimbal head and tripod for canon 500mm f4 (1 Viewer)

adishepp

hi everyone,
about to buy a 500mm canon lens and could do with some advice. Am looking at the black widow mark 2 and a gitzo GT3531s 3 section tripod. Would that be a good set-up ? I believe i will also need a lens plate and wheres the best place to get one ? Any other como suggestions would be welcome.
thanks in advance

adi

I use a Jobu black widow with my 500 f4 and am very happy with it. I have been using the lightweight version (the side mounting one) for the last couple of years without any problems. The head holds the set up very nicely and is very smooth moving, as I understand it the full set up (BW-HD) is even better. I've not used the mkII yet but it is apparently lighter and with smoother movement, so I doubt you'd be disappointed with it. As for the plate, just ask when ordering the head which plate would be best with it and the 500 f4.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back