• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cleaning Binoculars (1 Viewer)

Hello. I have some Vanguard Endeavor ed IV. I've cleaned the front lenses and one of them is blurred, like Misty. I see it very well to the light, with the flashlight of the mobile. The two rear eyepieces have been cleaned with the cloth and are perfect. Does anyone have this with their binoculars? I would be very grateful for your reply. I'm not calm, they're new!...

Daniel.

Hello. I have some Vanguard Endeavor ed IV. I've cleaned the front lenses and one of them is blurred, like Misty. I see it very well to the light, with the flashlight of the mobile. The two rear eyepieces have been cleaned with the cloth and are perfect. Does anyone have this with their binoculars? I would be very grateful for your reply. I'm not calm, they're new!...

Daniel.

Well if you can't remove it with a cloth it's on the inside so don't delay in taking them back to whoever supplied them.

LGM

Hi Daniel,
Could you post a photo?
It could be that there is grease on the outside that is difficult to remove.

Perhaps use Zeiss lens wipes.
Baader Optical Wonder lens cleaner is good.
Don't overclean.
Hama micro fibre cleaning cloths in the little grey plastic tubs are good.

Hi Daniel,
Could you post a photo?
It could be that there is grease on the outside that is difficult to remove.

Perhaps use Zeiss lens wipes.
Baader Optical Wonder lens cleaner is good.
Don't overclean.
Hama micro fibre cleaning cloths in the little grey plastic tubs are good.

I have tried to make a photo and I can not focus well.
Tomorrow I want to see if it is also noticeable in broad daylight, and if it interferes with the quality of vision.
It may be grease and the cloth is not removed.

You could try a standard clean, then use Residual Oil Remover (ROR) - available online from many outlets. Just a couple of drops on a cloth, then a circular wipe, then a rinse under a dripping tap and a dry.
If that doesn't work, then it might be internal.

You could try a standard clean, then use Residual Oil Remover (ROR) - available online from many outlets. Just a couple of drops on a cloth, then a circular wipe, then a rinse under a dripping tap and a dry.
If that doesn't work, then it might be internal.

Thank you very much Paddy. You've been a great help. Yesterday I cleaned it again with a soft cloth and it seems to be removed. It was probably fat, hard to remove.
Greetings.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back