• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Nikon 82mm object lens scope (1 Viewer)

Colin said:
Hi,
Has anyone tried out the new Nikon scope. I have wanted to check one out but each time I have visited the local dealer he has sold out. However, last week he had one left and I took a look thru with a zoom lens (to 75x). The scope appeared to be pretty good at middle distance viewing and fantastic at long range(infinity) viewing. I realised the problem was when I was looking thru a glass window. With no glass between the scope and object, it seemed a fantastic scope. Anybody have any experience of this new scope?
Hi Folks

I’m a very keen amateur photographer I’m new to digiscope are these any good

The Nikon Coolpix 4500 complete with scope adapters
Nikon Spotting Scope 80 Straight complete with 27x eyepiece
Nikon kit 64mb compact flash card and Nikon spare battery

£669.99
:clap:

Hi Shooter,

I've got the 80mm Nikon spotting scope (angled) and 27x EP, and I have to say that I don't think it makes a very good digiscoping scope.

It's only "ordinary" glass and it's prone to fringing when used for digiscoping. It doesn't let in as much light as you'd think an 80mm objective would, either.

shooter said:
Hi Folks

I’m a very keen amateur photographer I’m new to digiscope are these any good

The Nikon Coolpix 4500 complete with scope adapters
Nikon Spotting Scope 80 Straight complete with 27x eyepiece
Nikon kit 64mb compact flash card and Nikon spare battery

£669.99
:clap:
You'd be better getting the utter bargain Nikon FSII non ED still on sale at Warehouse Express. Now that is a super scope. But for d/s you really need to consider scopes with ED/fluorite glass and that will cost. These give a brighter sharper more contrasty photo. Also a wide objective will let you take shots in less than perfect lighting or at a higher shutter speed. The Zeiss 85, the Swaro 80, the Kowa... all good for d/s!

bigfishpat said:
Gaga,

Here are some Nikon links that I got from a birding forum. I keep these in my favorites to help with my decision making on a potential digiscoping purchase. The second link has a flow chart that helped me get right the core of the available options from Nikon. I hope this helps.

http://www.nikon.co.jp/main/eng/news/2004/digiscoping_e_04.htm

http://nikon.topica.ne.jp/bi_e/products/nature_c.htm

http://www.nital.it/experience/fieldscope_eng.php

Hi Big Fish

Thanks this
http://www.nital.it/experience/fieldscope_eng.php
this make excellent reading just what I've been looking for

Regards

Clive

Hi Scampo what about this one

scampo said:
You'd be better getting the utter bargain Nikon FSII non ED still on sale at Warehouse Express. Now that is a super scope. But for d/s you really need to consider scopes with ED/fluorite glass and that will cost. These give a brighter sharper more contrasty photo. Also a wide objective will let you take shots in less than perfect lighting or at a higher shutter speed. The Zeiss 85, the Swaro 80, the Kowa... all good for d/s!

Nikon Fieldscope EDIII A

Waterproof and fog-free with O-ring seals and nitorogen gas
All lenses and prisms are multilayer coated for the brightest images
Built-in type slide hood
Angled body type for easy viewing and comfortable sketching
Extra-low dispersion (ED) glass for colour aberration compensation and brighter, clearer viewing (EDIII / EDIII A)
Eight different eyepieces compatible (see specifications)

Thanks to Nikon's advanced prism design, with angled body types, you get the same brightness found in straight body types.

Regards

Clive

shooter said:
Nikon Fieldscope EDIII A

Waterproof and fog-free with O-ring seals and nitorogen gas
All lenses and prisms are multilayer coated for the brightest images
Built-in type slide hood
Angled body type for easy viewing and comfortable sketching
Extra-low dispersion (ED) glass for colour aberration compensation and brighter, clearer viewing (EDIII / EDIII A)
Eight different eyepieces compatible (see specifications)

Thanks to Nikon's advanced prism design, with angled body types, you get the same brightness found in straight body types.

Regards

Clive
It's a fab compact scope but is more expensive. I think for digiscoping most folk would say the larger the objective the better although there are many fine shots on this site using a 60mm Nikon.

horukuru said:
is there any example produced from the digiscoping using nikon here ?

If you go into the photo gallery and find pictures by me (look under member's galleries) then most are taken through a Nikon ED82.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back