• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Filter thread size (1 Viewer)

D0c

I'm considering buying a pair of 10x50 EL Swarovisions and was wondering what size is the filter thread.

Reason being apart from bird watching they will be used for star gazing and I have a pair of nebula filters I would like to use with them.

TIA

I'm considering buying a pair of 10x50 EL Swarovisions and was wondering what size is the filter thread.

Reason being apart from bird watching they will be used for star gazing and I have a pair of nebula filters I would like to use with them.

TIA
Sorry, no threads on the front housing of the 10X50 Swarovision.

. Do any Swarovski binoculars have filter threads?

Some of the Canon image stabilised binoculars have filter threads and take filters that fit 2 inch astronomical eyepieces threads. This slightly reduces the aperture.

Threads for filters and lens hoods. Now that would make a difference. But claiming 0.01% more transmission or an even faster focus makes the binos easier to sell.

That's a shame, I thought they did.

I suppose you could make your own lens shade and get a step down ring so you can mount 2" filters to it.

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back