• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pipits - French Pyrenees (1 Viewer)

dragnil

The glass is half full, but the bottle is empty.
United Kingdom
Taken this month in the French Pyrenees at about 5500 ft. There were hordes of pipits feeding in the pasture and I'd be grateful for help with these 3 images please. I'm pretty sure the first two are of the same bird and I'm leaning toward Water with the other one being a Mipit - if I'm wrong please tell me why. Thanks.

Attachments

• _DLD1728.jpg
    _DLD1728.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 71
  • _DLD1741.jpg
    _DLD1741.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 73
  • _DLD1870.jpg
    _DLD1870.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 67
I would say all water.

Plain back, darkish leg colour - last one is missing an eyestripe - young bird?

Had a good trip back?

Last edited:
Thanks, here's another dark-legged one from Troumouse, again no real supercilium but, to me, it doesn't have the look of a youngster.

Yes, good trip thanks, an excellent morning around Aiguillon before we set off for the ferry. Of course it all stopped being easy when we got to Portsmouth...

Attachments

• Pipit Sep 17_13.jpg
    Pipit Sep 17_13.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 40
Thanks, Charles, keep posting - it reminds me of what we can look forward to.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back