• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New/Reissue Kowa (1 Viewer)

dwatsonbirder

Cryptic tweet from Kowa optics showing an old TSN-3 and TS601 stating an impending exciting announcement for those that love their old scopes - will Kowa reissue these old classics to compliment the birders buying the updated Leica trinovids?

Last edited:
Hi Joachim, I nearly mentioned that you'd be interested, but changed my mind. That is quite possible, an adaptor for the 25-50x would make for a reasonably priced top tier scope, and would probably make more sense than reissuing an older model (unless updated to accept newer eyepieces, waterproof, lower weight).
Given the number of tsn-3's still in operation, I suspect an re-release wouldn't be necessary, top scopes despite their age, and a classic in every sense of the word!

I think the more underwhelming news is that you can "you can use our TE-9Z eyepiece & PA8 #digiscoping adapter on many historical #Kowa #spottingscopes it's all part of #KowaSystem" (Kowa tweet 30/10). The Te-9Z is the existing zoom eyepiece (non wide-angle) for the 660 et al series scopes.

Hopefully there's more to come than this though.

Hi,

wide angle zoom eyepiece for the small body instruments? That would be great!

Joachim

This would be great for TSN-3/4 owners.

I guess I could also use that hypothetical eyepiece in my Kowa 824 + EC1 adaptor......

Shall the new thing be an adaptor for using the current 770/880 eyepiece or a full new wide angle eyepiece itself??.

Cheers....

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back