• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Televue 32 mm Plossl Eyepiece for digiscoping (1 Viewer)

Neil

I just bought a Televue 32 mm Plossl Eyepiece to use with the Swarovski STS80 (using the Telescope eyepiece adapter ) and the Olympus 7070wz. The main reason is the long Eye Relief (22 mm) as I wanted to be able to use more of the camera zoom. I had the eyepiece shaved down and fitted with my homemade adapter to get even more zoom. The vignetting kicks in around 10 mm on the camera zoom ( about half way ) instead of around 2/3rds on the 20-60x zoom eyepiece. The attached photos were taken with this eyepiece. Neil

Attachments

• bc night heronP7047847.jpg
    bc night heronP7047847.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 212
  • bc night heronP7058021.jpg
    bc night heronP7058021.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 204
TVs are very high quality EPs, and also a bit pricey for me. The Vixen LV range have similarly large lumps of glass at the eye end, and may be a lower cost alternative (about GBP50 each in UK).

I used to have a 20mm and a 9mm, and both were perfect for afocal projection.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back