• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Filters for Videoscoping (1 Viewer)

Before i ask about the use of filters i will give you a quick run down of the equipment i use, a Leica apo scope with the brilliant 20ww eyepiece,can be a little short on magnification for birding but i can't see myself using anything else for Videoscoping.As for my camera a Panasonic NS38 i find this model an ideal compromise not too big or heavy plenty of manual features with good picture quality and it wasn't too expensive,RGB and optical stabilization would of been nice but alot more expensive.I use the Eagleeye adapter and it works fine after a bit of practice with the 11x-15x mag range on my camcorder.As for support i use a Manfrotto 117 video tripod with the excellent 501 head(a must if you want good footage) this setup may be heavy but once experienced how can you go back.The editing side i keep nice and simple with an apple imac using their imovie which luckily is fairly easy to use.I had better not ramble on too much,now for my question have any members used filters on the end of their scopes while videoing,particularly while shooting birds in or over water to help with contrast and ease glare on water such as a polaroid filter. Many Thanks Tattoo ian.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back