• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Windows not booting (1 Viewer)

Brian Bullough

DIGIDOPE
Having a major problem with my desktop running windows 8, upgraded to 8.1, it will not boot up gets to the windows logo and the spiral dot, then just goes black , I read somewhere that it could be the updates causing problem and I should try safe mode and delete these.

Problem is I can't get into safe mode via F8, I changed settings to full boot but still nothing .

I have a windows restore disc that came with the machine, but the auto repair does not solve the problem, nor does the restore function as restore point is fairly recent.
Anyone had this problem or recommend a forum for advice etc: would like to solve this myself if possible , though must admit my computer knowledge is limited !!

Thanks for looking
Brian

Hi Brian, have a look in the windows 8 forum @ bleeping computers. I have had plenty of help and advice over the years. you might find an answer to your problem by browsing the different posts (certainly should find how to boot W8 into safe mode). Or you could register and post your problem.

Dave

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/

Thanks Dave , there is some good information on the forum , takes some going through but seems sound advice, most solutions I have come across on the net say to use the tools on the computer to fix the problem.
Many Thanks
Brian

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back