• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Printer (1 Viewer)

Yorkiebird

Hi I hope someone can help... I brought a new printer HP Photosmart 5520 because the reviews weren't too bad and it fitted my price! However, text printing is fine but photo printing is another thing altogether. What a see on my monitor is not what prints out. I know the photo that I choose to print had good, clear, sharp colours but doesn't have these qualities when printed out. I used good HP paper and HP cartridges. Perhaps I might be better to get my pics done at Boots instead!! :-C

Strange? ... Are you printing at a minimum of 300 dpi?

Hi John thanks for answering, today I've spoken with the firm that I purchased it from, as it won't print at all now and am now returning it next week for either a replacement or a different make altogether! I'm thinking of a Canon replacement but haven't made up mind which model and any views would be appreciated.

Cheers:t:

Hi again,
If I were you, before you look at any printers look at the price of their ink cartridges. This is where the biggest expense is. Some ink cartridge prices are nearly half the price of the printer. Personally I wouldn't buy anything but Epson. The printers are quality and cartridges are readily available and compatible cartridges are very very inexpensive. I have dumped printers in the past solely because of the ridiculous price of ink cartridges. I have an Epson P50 at the moment as I needed to print on CD,s. It takes six cartridges. I can buy twelve online for £4.99. You need to do your research. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
My printer worked fine, then suddenly displayed an error message, and I had to reinstall the software. Have you tried the troubleshooting options,or turning the computer and printer off and on again

My printer worked fine, then suddenly displayed an error message, and I had to reinstall the software. Have you tried the troubleshooting options,or turning the computer and printer off and on again[/QUOTE

Yes, I have tried all of those and today I had a computer engineer friend take a look and he agrees it is the printer that has a fault so am returning it tomorrow.:-C

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back