• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best free photo gallery site (1 Viewer)

Winterdune

Hi all,

I'd quite like to be able to upload my bird photos to a site which allowed me to organise a thumbnail gallery into an order I choose, so I could put my pics up in the Sibley order and insert new species at the appropriate point.

Does anyone know a site where this is doable?

Thanks
Sean

The thumbnails for Flickr sets can be arranged in any order one wishes, even though those for the individual photographs cannot. So a work-around would be to create a separate set for each photo (or for multiple photographs of the same species if you want to cut down on the number of thumbnails). The photos on my Flickr site are arranged in rough "Sibley" (= taxonomic) order by this means but generally with groups of related species species per set, not just one species. There are lots of other wrinkles to all this which you can get a better idea of by checking out my Flickr site.

Or, simplest of all, put all your bird photos in a single set where you can arrange them any way you like by dragging and dropping.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back