• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mexico, Yucatan - Gull (1 Viewer)

Peter Withers

formerly tubbtubby
I saw this Gull, in Xcaret Mex, near the harbour and dolphins.

Any help wi a positive ID would be great?

Attachments

• DSC_8246gull small.jpg
    DSC_8246gull small.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
More likely, a 2nd summer/winter type moulting to third or adult winter, worn second generation primaries and trace of dark in the outer tail feathers with new third gen. clearly white tipped coming in. Best though with a open wing image. Stil a Laughing Gull though.

JanJ

I agree with Laughing Gull, but this looks like an odd individual to me. Perhaps it is just the exposure, but it seems unusually white headed. The typical dark smudges indicating a basic plumage hooded gull are not evident. Probably either exposure or somewhat bleached plumage.

Best,
Jim

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back