• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Thumbs up to the HT`s (1 Viewer)

eddy the eagle

Hi,Brock,I read your thread on the Swarovski site and was about to reply when it disappeared.To answer your question as to where to put your thumbs I didn`t have a clue because it has never been a problem.I take a size 11 glove and my fingers have been previously described akin to a bunch of bananas and I dont have a problem as to where to put my thumbs.I grip the right barrel with all four fingers and the left with three and each of my thumbs fits below each barrel without touching the focus wheel.The thumbs point forward and are placed at the rear of the underside of the focus wheel.I recently wore woolen gloves and had no problem at all with the focus wheel touching my thumbs.I must admit that when I read your thread I had to go and see where my thumbs went as this has never been a problem.If your hands are bigger than mine then I think you had better try the HT´s or stick with your Nikon porros.Reagrds to you Eddy.

Hi,Brock,I read your thread on the Swarovski site and was about to reply when it disappeared.To answer your question as to where to put your thumbs I didn`t have a clue because it has never been a problem.I take a size 11 glove and my fingers have been previously described akin to a bunch of bananas and I dont have a problem as to where to put my thumbs.I grip the right barrel with all four fingers and the left with three and each of my thumbs fits below each barrel without touching the focus wheel.The thumbs point forward and are placed at the rear of the underside of the focus wheel.I recently wore woolen gloves and had no problem at all with the focus wheel touching my thumbs.I must admit that when I read your thread I had to go and see where my thumbs went as this has never been a problem.If your hands are bigger than mine then I think you had better try the HT´s or stick with your Nikon porros.Reagrds to you Eddy.

Turns out I have more or less the same grip as Eddy and I don't have thumb / focus wheel intimacy issues.

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back