• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

10x50 EL (1 Viewer)

mvb1

I've noticed that Cabelas in Canada is selling two versions of the 10x50 EL Swarovision at different prices. In fact, one was selling for a significant discount up until yesterday. Can anyone tell me what, if any, the differences are. Did I miss a great deal?

Great site, lots of good information!

Thanks in advance.

I've noticed that Cabelas in Canada is selling two versions of the 10x50 EL Swarovision at different prices. In fact, one was selling for a significant discount up until yesterday. Can anyone tell me what, if any, the differences are. Did I miss a great deal?

Great site, lots of good information!

Thanks in advance.
Really no optical differences between the old EL and the new Fieldpro models of EL. In fact some members prefer the older model because they can use their own binocular straps on them instead of the Fieldpro straps although I hear with a special adaptor you can use your strap with the Fieldpro connectors. The Fieldpro also have integrated objective covers. Here is a whole thread on the subject.

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=312084&highlight=fieldpro+differences

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply denco. Cabelas uses the exact same description for both. No mention of Fieldpro or any other differentiating language. On phoning, they didn't know the difference either. Reading your link, if they were old and new I should have grabbed a pair. Nice discount.

Dennis,
The Field Pro construction has a facility which enables the binocular owner to also use your own binocular straps, Dale Forbes has explained that extensively here.
Gijs van Ginkel

Dennis,
The Field Pro construction has a facility which enables the binocular owner to also use your own binocular straps, Dale Forbes has explained that extensively here.
Gijs van Ginkel
Yes, I have seen those adaptors. But if you want to use your own strap anyway why pay an extra $800 for the updated Fieldpro model and then have to buy adaptors on top of it. I personally don't think the integrated objective covers are worth the difference in money. The old tethered ones work just fine.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply denco. Cabelas uses the exact same description for both. No mention of Fieldpro or any other differentiating language. On phoning, they didn't know the difference either. Reading your link, if they were old and new I should have grabbed a pair. Nice discount.
I can highly recommend the Swarovision 10x50 EL's. I have the non-field pro model and I think they are best birding binoculars I have ever used in 10x. I think the Swarovsison 8x32 SV is the best 8x32 roof and the Habicht 8x30 W is the best 8x30 porro made.

Last edited:
I can highly recommend the Swarovision 10x50 EL's. I have the non-field pro model and I think they are best birding binoculars I have ever used in 10x. I think the Swarovsison 8x32 SV is the best 8x32 roof and the Habicht 8x30 W is the best 8x30 porro made.

????? and this hasn't already been posted? 3:)

CG

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back