• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 15x50 vs Fujinon 14x40 (1 Viewer)

Super Dave

Hi,

It's been a while since I've posted anything. I was satisfied until I saw some good deals on ebay on the Fujinon's. I was always curious how the Fuji stacked up to the Canon.

So, here's my non technical report.

The image quality and brighness is better with the Canon. You can see a clear difference. It's not that the Fujinon is bad. It's just a great quality image with the Canon.

Based on the specs the Fujis have a little wider field of view but the Canon's seem to offer a bigger view. Maybe it's the brightness and image quality.

The image stabilization is much better with the Fujinon. They have the IS figured out. I find the blurring / finicky nature of the Canon's frustrating at times. My Canon's need some babying.

The 15 power vs 14 power does make a little difference.

I have not abused the Fuji's and don't plan to. But, I've read they are very tough and they are designed for use on boats.

So, which one will I keep? Both for now. The Canon's are good for use on the lanai. The Fuji's will be used on the water.

If the image quality of the Canon was paired with the stabilization of the Fuji then we would have a perfect combo. If I could have only one I'd probably keep the Canon's since they will get more use.

Take care,
Dave

Hi,

It's been a while since I've posted anything. I was satisfied until I saw some good deals on ebay on the Fujinon's. I was always curious how the Fuji stacked up to the Canon.

So, here's my non technical report.

The image quality and brighness is better with the Canon. You can see a clear difference. It's not that the Fujinon is bad. It's just a great quality image with the Canon.

Based on the specs the Fujis have a little wider field of view but the Canon's seem to offer a bigger view. Maybe it's the brightness and image quality.

The image stabilization is much better with the Fujinon. They have the IS figured out. I find the blurring / finicky nature of the Canon's frustrating at times. My Canon's need some babying.

The 15 power vs 14 power does make a little difference.

I have not abused the Fuji's and don't plan to. But, I've read they are very tough and they are designed for use on boats.

So, which one will I keep? Both for now. The Canon's are good for use on the lanai. The Fuji's will be used on the water.

If the image quality of the Canon was paired with the stabilization of the Fuji then we would have a perfect combo. If I could have only one I'd probably keep the Canon's since they will get more use.

Take care,
Dave

Have you tried looking through the Fujis from a moving car? It's rather trance-like, like floating in the air... :bounce:

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back