• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Amazilia láctea (1 Viewer)

Luiz

:hi: Well, this is the first hummingbird I photographed kissing flowers in a piece of land I recently bought at Serrinha do Alambari, Resende, RJ. The photos were taken at three different days. As you can see, the flower is of the same type. Unfortunately the blooms are over now, and the hummer went somewhere else!

Attachments

• DSC_00020001.JPG
    DSC_00020001.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC_00380001.JPG
    DSC_00380001.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC_01570002.JPG
    DSC_01570002.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC_00930001.JPG
    DSC_00930001.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC_00680001.JPG
    DSC_00680001.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Oh, Luiz, what a nice bunch of pictures you've got of this species, lovely complement to the couple of pics you posted at the gallery!

I don't know good enough this species. Do male and female look different? Cheers!

Marian

Marian Alvarez said:
Oh, Luiz, what a nice bunch of pictures you've got of this species, lovely complement to the couple of pics you posted at the gallery!

I don't know good enough this species. Do male and female look different? Cheers!

Marian

Hi Marian

I don't know much about this hummer, too. I read in Deodato Souza's book, 'All the birds of Brazil', that the female has a more grayish throat ... I don't see a relevant difference on the birds I presented here.
Ah, I loved your comment on the 'Manjeet hummer', thanks!

Cheers!!

Luiz

Liuz !

Great series of shots !
I missed this one when I was in Brazil so It's nice to see them well represented here .
Thanks !

stephennj said:
Great series of shots !
I missed this one when I was in Brazil so It's nice to see them well represented here .
Thanks !

Thank you very much, Stephen. Nice to talk with you again.

Cheers!

Luiz

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back