• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dusting off my old Olympus 7070wz (1 Viewer)

Neil

I don't like to see a good camera gathering dust so I took the trusty old Olympus 7070wz ( http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Olympus/oly_c7070wz.asp ) out to the farmland to see how it stacked up to some of the newer cameras. It's a bit heavier than I remember (it takes two batteries with the optional battery pack ) but is packed full of features ( similar to the Nikon 8400 ) which I had trouble remembering how to use. Only 7 megs but I could fill the frame with a Little Ringed Plover at 8 metres.
Here is an image that I've just cropped in frame one and adjusted with CS2 and Noiseware in frame two. Neil.
ps these were taken from the same distance as previous images with the P6000 , A640 and P5100

Olympus 7070wz plus Swarovski STS80HD scope and Sw 30x eyepiece and DCA adapter

Lamma Island,
Hong Kong,
China.
January 2009

Attachments

• little ringed plover breed Om7070wz origP1010377.jpg
    little ringed plover breed Om7070wz origP1010377.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 81
  • little ringed plover breed Om7070wz nwareP1010377.jpg
    little ringed plover breed Om7070wz nwareP1010377.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 87
this shows how well "old" cameras stand up against the newer competition - of course, with a good scope infront and a good eye behind it. I am amazed. Really.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back