• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Parent Dove supporting Fledgling (1 Viewer)

Bill Sumrall

The fledgling just left the nest - only about 5 feet away. Parent dove is pressing against him to keep him steady on the limb (I think).

Attachments

• babydoves_7.jpg
    babydoves_7.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 244
That is a lovely shot of a parent with it's fledgeling. We have a pair of doves that come to our bird table on a very regular bases, it must have a nest near by because when it leaves the table it's crop is so full that if you stuck a pin in it, it would explode. We have a tree that is situated behind the table with a branch that is stuck out like a perch for them to sit on and have a look round for any predators before going to the table. My husband has tried to take a photo of one but it moved and ended up a blurred shot, so he deleted it from the camera and said he would try again later. That is a very good photo.

Hello Bill,

lovely series of images, can you let everyone know the camera/equipment used to take the photographs please.

Many thanks

Paul

Another lovely shot Bill, real cute. I've never seen before Doves with their young, that is before changing plumage.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back