• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

blyth’s kingfisher or blue eared kingfisher from Bangladesh (1 Viewer)

saad mahmood

Dear Experts, I've recorded this species of kingfisher from North-Eastern forest on Bangladesh.
Can you please clarify the right identification for it?
Thanks.
Sorry for the poor image quality.

Saad Mahmood

Attachments

• _MG_0926-2c.jpg
    _MG_0926-2c.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 164
  • _MG_0909-2c.jpg
    _MG_0909-2c.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 145
Hello Saad?

Kitha Khobor?

I was born in Bangladesh and I went last year, I think I saw a few green and red Kingfishers or maybe they were different birds. I have taken 2 photo's of them In England and they are very beautiful birds but extremely difficult to capture.

The ones you have captured look very similar to mine which are Common Kingfishers...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/alimakaveliphotography/17734644025

https://www.flickr.com/photos/alimakaveliphotography/14163867406
Nice pics! But if you look closely, you can see they are a different species to Saad's bird; yours has orange cheeks, Saad's has (as its name describes!) blue cheeks.

Nice pics! But if you look closely, you can see they are a different species to Saad's bird; yours has orange cheeks, Saad's has (as its name describes!) blue cheeks.

Oh right, I didn't notice that, are those 2 species the closest resemblance wise? I know there come in many colours but as far as I know these 2 are the most similar unless there's more?

Hi André Weiss Pryde (Winter bird), thank you so much for all your clarifications.

Hi Ali, you are already clarified about the kingfisher picture of yours. Common Kingfishers are really common in Bangladesh round the year. Here in Bangladesh we have eleven recorded species of Kingfishers.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back