• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

cheap binoculars (1 Viewer)

I am looking to buy some cheap binoculars for my nephew and have thouht about Eagle Optics Triumph 8X25 or Denali 7X32. Any thuoghts on either of these or other sugestions. He is 13 as has begun to show an interest in birding so would like to get him binoculars for christmas but can not afford to spend much, $100 max.

Tony

Tony,

Consider buying your nephew a pair of these:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...rnPage=search-results1.jhtml&_requestid=12790

They are fantastic optics for under $100, I normally don't even touch low-end binoculars but I ended up buying two of these binoculars locally. I know the power rating is a bit high, I don't typically recommend 10x binoculars in general - but after having used these for close to a week now I can wholeheartedly give them a glowing review and highly recommend them for someone on a budget. I wish they made an 8x version!

Best wishes,
Bawko

You might consider the Bushnell Natureview 8x30 for $89 also. I haven't seen the Denali, but for viewing ease I would be tempted to go with the larger objective bin (30 or 32 instead of 25).

They are of 2 totally different designs, the 8x30s are reverse porroprism. These are much slimmer and easeir to handle. Of course if Tony's nephew has huge hands its probably a mute point.

The 40s also have eye relief of only 12mm. The 30s have 17 or 18.

How is Amazon's return policy?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back