• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

UK binocular deals, special offers and bargains (1 Viewer)

normjackson

Don't know if there is any mileage in such a thread but may as well give it a go.

For starters :

Maybe not a bargain but a decent deal for someone a used Nikon SE at Cleyspy

Uttings have an ex demo Bushnell Elite HD 10x42. Not a great reduction on what they were charging new but they're out of stock of that model now. Assume it comes with full warranty.

Offer in post#7 only about £80 saving on brand new WarehouseExpress price; Wex have a good price mind.

FocusOptics has an excellent condition old style Swarovski SLC 7x42 for what looks like a good price if you're more interested in rugged than latest coatings. Someone left a "g" off the end of the .jpg file name if want to see what it looks like.

Last edited:
Thanks David. Viking MD 6.5x32 arrived today. Perfectly useable even with my specs (think I need near enough 20mm). They make far away things look nearer. I like 'em.

Ffordes have a Bausch and Lomb 7x35 EWA Legacy porro (must be the one that got away from FrankD).
These seem to fetch about $60 or so on Ebay USA.

Thanks David. Viking MD 6.5x32 arrived today. Perfectly useable even with my specs (think I need near enough 20mm). They make far away things look nearer. I like 'em.

I think David was hoping I might have something intelligent to say about the Viking MD 6.5x32 (he should know better |^|). How about a couple of pictures? Early days, of course, but very pleased so far. Happy to answer any questions as well as can.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 438
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 389
Norm,

Thanks. Just as I remember them. Not the prettiest pair around. ;)

Just curious. Is there any indication of the country on manufacture? I'd have guessed the glass/coatings might be Japanese, but the build.... could be anywhere.

David

Norm,
Thanks. Just as I remember them. Not the prettiest pair around. ;)

Just curious. Is there any indication of the country on manufacture? I'd have guessed the glass/coatings might be Japanese, but the build.... could be anywhere.
David
Both the Pentax and Viking have "Made in China" on them. Wonder how many marks out of ten Ed Zarenski would give to the Pentax Papilio eyepiece coatings...

Back to the top.

I've posted this in the hope the thread will keep going. Where I live there is only a Jessops store with a limited stock of binoculars so I'm interested to see what others find around the UK.

Geoff.

Sherwoods in their demo section have a used Kowa 612 straight scope with 30x wide eyepiece they took in P/ex. That could represent a decent foot on the upgrade path for someone.

Not news but Amazon still offering good price on the Olympus PCI 8x25.

Not sure if this counts but I got a pair of Hawke Frontier PC 10x32 binoculars from a local independent camera shop (Chris Goodhead photographic in Burton on Trent) for £80.95. They're reduced as recently discontinued I was told. Looking on their Ebay outlet they've still got 3 in stock - excellent binoculars for the price, as they were local I went to the shop and bought them there for that price. Waterproof/nitrogen purged too, have a 10 year warranty comes in a good hard-backed case.

(Disclaimer - I don't work for the shop or in any way linked to it by the way!)

Noticed that Uttings have the Opticron Imagic 7x42 on offer for £225. That's about half price! Yes the FOV is narrow, but the view and build are excellent.

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back